Collaborating with Andrea Bradshaw, we created an interactive data visualization of the Twitter habits of United States Congressmen.
We used data from the Twitter API, the Sunlight Foundation and the New York Times Congressional API. Using the interface, users could compare attendance at votes, voting with or against party records, according to twitter activity, represented region, party and gender.
Our project was featured on a Swiss data visualization site, +DataVisualization.ch and noticed by Tweet Congress and New York Times Openblog.
Laura Simpson is an interaction designer and video installation artist based in New York. When not editing video or programming with arduino, she enjoys baking and gaming.
What I usually talk about.
- My Thesis, Cinderella's Illuminated Gown, is published in ACM Interactions Magazine! It's in the Demo Hour section for Mar/Apr 2013. 1 month ago
- Nice to see new features after my hiatus. 2 months ago
- Discovered that I either got on twitter really early, or that I've not been following everyone that I've meant to. #goodmorning 2 months ago
- Drill Team in Business Suits. Yes. #MacysParade 5 months ago
- Donatello is clearly the best turtle. #MacysParade 5 months ago
- Father Ryan Marching Band... Or Judge Dredd Marching Band? What's up futuristic authoritarian styling? #MacysParade 5 months ago
- Isn't "American Pie" a bit weird for Thanksgiving? #MacysParade 5 months ago
- "Everyone is lipsyncing.... for their life." @DevP to @Lexarella #MacysParade #RuPaulDrage Race 5 months ago
- I'm loving the colorful dresses from the Delfines marching band from Mexico. #MacysParade 5 months ago
- Somehow the Cheer for America( to whatever) cheerleaders where marching with Jimmy Fallon & The Roots. Macy's Magic? #MacysParade 5 months ago