Cybernetic Editors is a system in which there are two editor personalities that are vying for control over the final outcome of an edited social education video. The source video is exchanged between two Max/MSP programs that re-edit snippets of video, making numerous iterative passes. Each pass changes the videos into a blend of the [...]
Lethe is a video installation in which a loop of Social Education film is manipulated programmatically. The loop features different major events in the lives of the fictional women such as marriage, spousal disagreements, choosing whether to have children or not. These events are manipulated by either delaying video frames, showing repeated actions, or by [...]
An excerpt of a 5 minute documentary on the practice of New York artisan, Michiko Sakano as part of the LVMH x Parsons: Revisitng the Art of Craftsmanship, Artisans New York competition. Exhibited as part of LVMH: Revisiting the Art of Craftsmanship Exhibit at Fashion week 2010 and Monthlong Exhibit on Govenor’s Island.
Director, Editor: [...]
Collaborating with Andrea Bradshaw, we created an interactive data visualization of the Twitter habits of United States Congressmen.
We used data from the Twitter API, the Sunlight Foundation and the New York Times Congressional API. Using the interface, users could compare attendance at votes, voting with or against party records, according to twitter [...]
I think I miss you is a video that visits the details of greetings and replaying/re-editing of elements of the relationship between the two female figures as they greet, interact and say farewell. The simple act is revisited and edited in camera, distorting the event and refocusing to a dreamlike, almost memory. This video acts [...]
Cinderella’s Illuminated Gown is a fiber optic/LED/fibre, time-based installation that unravels the interstitial state of transformation and ephemeral nature of Cinderella’s Gown. The project focuses on the role of Cinderella’s gown as a portal between the ordinary and the extraordinary.
Fiber Optics, LEDs, Fibre, Steel Rods
Parsons participated in the 2009 Mozilla Design Challenge with two other universities, all addressing the issue of how to visualize the user’s browser history in a meaningful way.
My solution was the Unique History Timeline.
The Unique History Timeline is focused on
helping the user to remember unique sites that he or [...]
Scribbling Speech is an organic performance and installation. The artist writes all of her responses to interaction and stimulus in marker on the wall of the performance space, creating historical trails of the experience. Each of the columns are the height of the artist, to keep the footprint of the piece human size.
This is an intervention into a social education film from 1953: “Social Sexual Development in Adolescents.” The original film was available via the Prelinger Archives.
For the fall ’09 iteration of our Design Challenge we work together with students from universities and schools specializing in User Experience and Human-Computer-Interaction studies around the world to find innovative concepts to the question:
“Browsing History — How can we make sense of this rich source of data and how do we [...]
What I usually talk about.
- My Thesis, Cinderella's Illuminated Gown, is published in ACM Interactions Magazine! It's in the Demo Hour section for Mar/Apr 2013. 1 month ago
- Nice to see new features after my hiatus. 2 months ago
- Discovered that I either got on twitter really early, or that I've not been following everyone that I've meant to. #goodmorning 2 months ago
- Drill Team in Business Suits. Yes. #MacysParade 6 months ago
- Donatello is clearly the best turtle. #MacysParade 6 months ago
- Father Ryan Marching Band... Or Judge Dredd Marching Band? What's up futuristic authoritarian styling? #MacysParade 6 months ago
- Isn't "American Pie" a bit weird for Thanksgiving? #MacysParade 6 months ago
- "Everyone is lipsyncing.... for their life." @DevP to @Lexarella #MacysParade #RuPaulDrage Race 6 months ago
- I'm loving the colorful dresses from the Delfines marching band from Mexico. #MacysParade 6 months ago
- Somehow the Cheer for America( to whatever) cheerleaders where marching with Jimmy Fallon & The Roots. Macy's Magic? #MacysParade 6 months ago