I've a strong interest in designing intuitive user experiences, with a passion for user research and product improvement. As a skilled user experience designer with strong prototyping skills, I also excel at product management from conception to execution.
June 2012- Present
- Leads UX Design for Connect feature sets by designing key interactions and workflows.
- Plans and conducts user requirements analysis, task analysis, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Produces user requirements specifications, personas, scenarios, flowcharts, navigation maps, design prototypes, user interface comps and design specifications.
- Owns design projects from idea to launch, and then through subsequent iterations, working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Collaborates closely with other Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Technical Writers and Business Development Managers.
- Executes on user interface and interaction design that scales across mobile and web on screens of different sizes.
- Supervises freelancers and vendors per project.
- Mentors and guides junior designers.
May 2012-June 2012
Drafted design briefs and timeline for the term of the project. Conducted Stakeholder interviews and gathered user requirements. Produced user requirements specifications, personas, scenarios, wireframes and prototypes for mobile application Snapsta.
Jan 2012 - May 2012
As part of Huge UX School, planned and conducted user requirements gathering and analysis,
competitive research and conceptual modeling. Designed user experiences and information
architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques of user research and usability testing. Produced user requirements specifications, personas, scenarios, wireframes and prototypes for mobile app Calendr.
Oct 2011-Jan 2012
Oct 2010- Aug 2011
Designed, fabricated and programmed the fiber optic, LED, fibre hybrid installation “Cinderella’s Illuminated Gown” for MFA Design and Technology Thesis at Parsons The New School for Design. Consulted graduate thesis students on interaction design for emerging technology with touch interfaces, remotes and installation spaces using sensors.
Directed video production team for mini documentaries in conjunction with Parsons:
- Translife International Triennial of New Media Art, Beijing, China
- Black Studies in Art and Design Conference, New York, NY
- Pictoplasma NYC Conference, New York, NY
Jan 2010-Aug 2010
Designed and programmed sensor based interactive installation for Parsons’ BFA Graduation exhibit. Organized Harvestworks’ presence at Make Music New York Festival and coordinated participating interns. Taught other visiting students one on one Max tutorials.
Jan 2009- May 2009
Taught beginning Interaction Design, Max/MSP programming environment, integration with sensors, motion capture, sound processing and 3D rendering, MIDI and processing outside data and advanced programming with Max/MSP.