Platforms and Tools:
– Language and Platforms:
Hardware: Arduino, Physical IR-Sensors
Software: Max/MSP, Arduino Programming Environment
– What are other tools you will need for audio, visual, and other components?
First Prototype on Friday April 9: Basic Sensor Function and Video Playback.
– Early Alpha 4/20: Audio Sensing and Infrastructure for Logic.
– Final Alpha (end of semester): Advisor Videos and Social Education Videos.
– Next Iterations: Multiple Advisor Personas to choose from and Different Social Education Videos.
Risks & Uncertainties
– The Role of Advisor still must be cast.
– Internal Logic to handle Advisor Videos transitioning into Social Education Videos is still experimental.
– The Social Education films might be too ambiguous. Further User Testing will hopefully help to establish context.
– Sensors can be rather finicky. Calibration is important to getting the correct outcome.
– Some users might want a more one to one result from asking for advice. Further modifications to the Advisor Video might be necessary.